Monday, June 27, 2022

Ireland 2022 - Irish Breakfasts


Technical Specification:
Date of Issue: 28 April 2022
Design and Illustration: Ailbhe Phelan
Values and Quantities: N Se-tenant (148k) Pair of National Stamps; W Se-tenant (120k) Pair of International Stamps
Size: 36mm x 36mm
Paper: TR102gsm PVA gum
Colour: Multicolour with phosphor tagging
Make-up: Sheetlets of 16
Perforations: 13.25 x 13.25
Printing Process: Lithography
Printer: Royal Joh. Enschedé

Issued on April 28, the stamps capture the distinctive culinary offerings of the tasty Irish breakfast.

There is something magical about the Irish way of starting off the day on the right note that makes a huge impression on visitors to Ireland as well as on our own population.

The four stamps (two in ‘N’ and two in ‘W’ denomination) reflect the varied options available. Hand-drawn and digital skills are used to illustrate The Traditional Irish Fry, Piping Hot Porridge, Wholesome Homemade Breads and Healthy Smoothie.

"The theme was a perfect one for me, Irish Breakfasts. It was such a good fit that as soon as I had the brief in my little hands I was easily inspired. There had to be The Irish Fry (no baked beans, puhleese), Porridge was a no brainer (even though I’m not a huge fan of the texture of cooked porridge), the range of Irish Breads - soda farls, brown soda loaf - are items that I make and grace my breakfast table regularly and yes, I do enjoy a fruity Smoothie particularly during the summer!"

No comments:

Post a Comment